Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween

In first grade one of my favorite songs to sing at school went like this: "H, A, double L, O, W, double E, N, spells Halloween!" Whenever I write the word "Halloween" I automatically sing that chorus in my head (I don't remember the rest of the song). I think at the time I thought I was pretty smart to be able to spell such a long word. Anyways, we had a fun Halloween.
Olivia loves pumpkins! Every time that we went to the grocery store this past month we had to stop and look at the pumpkins and touch them, hold them, etc. For the past few weeks whenever we've been driving Olivia has said, "I see one! A pumpkin! 1, 2, 3--3 pumpkins!" She gets really excited every time she sees a pumpkin--she tells me how many there are and then she tells me that we have a pumpkin outside of our house. We went to a Halloween party for our complex a few days before Halloween and ever since Olivia loves any mention of a "party"! She was so excited to go and I think she had a lot of fun. It was a special night for her as she got to try her first hot dog--she did not like it! (a pleasant surprise). She had fun seeing her friends dressed up and coloring a Halloween picture. Poor Kyle did not like being Tigger! He spent most of the time pulling on his costume, trying to get it off. On Halloween Cara and Boppa (Olivia's names for my parents) came up to play. We went trick-or-treating at University Village. Jamba Juice gave away drinks, which Olivia and Kyle loved! Kyle was completely entertained for the rest of the time chewing on and playing with the straws from his drink. Olivia liked trick-or-treating and even said "Happy Halloween!" and "Trick-or-treat" to a few of the people handing out candy. She was very excited about all of her treats and kept wanting to stop and look at everything she had in her bag. When we got home, Kyle was very happy to take off the Tigger outfit and Olivia wanted to continue being a penguin all night. Olivia liked opening the door for the many trick-or-treaters who came over (a grand total of 10). She thought that she should get a treat for her bag every time somebody knocked on our door. Cara brought Olivia and Kyle some sticker sheets to use. They took all the stickers off and totally covered themselves! There were stickers everywhere. We all had fun playing with Grandma and Grandpa! It was a really good Halloween!

4 comments:

Paul and Jen said...

I love it! So envious of the U-Village atmosphere and playgrounds. :) Glad you guys had fun. Jacob loves straws, too...and spoons and anything that he can hold two of. haha.

Renee said...

Oh, poor Kyle. Good to hear that Olivia is not a fan of the salty mystery meat in hot dogs. Sounds like you had a fun, busy holiday.

Mike and Julina said...

They both look so stinking cute!

Brittany said...

Looks like you all had a great time. They both look super cute. I love Olivia's style of trick or treating at home!