Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Walk Around the Temple

After General Conference on Sunday afternoon (April 5) we decided to drive to the Seattle Temple and go for a little walk. It was an absolutely beautiful day and it was even warm outside!
Olivia walked the whole time, which she loved. She was fascinated by everything that she saw. She found 3 treasures to take home--a rock, a pine cone, and an acorn. I thought about holding her treasures for her in the car so she wouldn't eat them. However, I decided it wasn't worth the fight and that if she had her pacifier she would probably keep them out of her mouth. As soon as we drove out of the parking lot I looked back at Olivia and saw that her pacifier was out of her mouth and she was eating the pine cone. I had to pull multiple pine cone pieces out of her mouth and take away her 3 treasures that she wanted to hold so then we didn't even avoid the fight. She screamed most of the way home--a great ending to our peaceful walk around the Temple.

5 comments:

Mike and Julina said...

What a great way to spend some time on a Sunday when it's Conference! I wish I lived closer so I could do that.

Mar said...

awww that is so sweet! and brad looks like a giant in the picture walking with olivia good thing he has long arms to reach her with haha but all the pictures are so precious! :)

Sarah said...

That is so cute! I am not looking forward to that phase where they put everything in their mouths. I will have to be a lot more diligent about cleaning!

-::bee::- said...

At least she didn't eat the rock!

Tati said...

What great pictures and what a great idea to see the temple. I wish those peaceful moments would be peaceful too, but at least the first part of the walk was peaceful!