Sunday, May 30, 2010

Uncle David

My brother David came to visit us after school ended (he just finished his first year of Medical School in Missouri). He spent a few days at our house and then Olivia, Kyle, and I went with him to hang out at my parent's house for a few more days of fun. We went to Gas Works Park and enjoyed seeing the boats, dogs, airplanes taking off/landing in the water, ducks, fish, etc. Kyle loved all of these things and kept stopping to watch different things, but he was especially excited about the airplanes that were so close. The weather was beautiful! The nice weather left after we got to Olympia and it rained most of our time there. (We're still waiting for the sun to come back!) After church/naps on Sunday we went outside to play at Cara & Boppa's
house. Olivia and Kyle had a ride in the wheelbarrow, which was funny because they weren't too sure if they liked it (but my Dad liked it :) ). Kyle has been totally obsessed with basketball lately! He was glad to have my Dad and David around help him reach high enough so he could shoot the ball in the real basketball hoop. Normally I help him to make baskets in the kid-sized hoop in our apartment complex, but he always wants me to help him with the full-size hoop and I'm just not tall enough. Between rain showers on Thursday David and my Dad took Olivia and Kyle on a canoe ride on the lake. It was pretty short because it started raining about two minutes after they left. They really liked it (except for the rain) and Olivia wanted to wear her stylish orange life jacket for the rest of the day. We loved having David around--he was a great help, he was fun to talk to, and the kids loved playing with David. It's too bad he wasn't interested in being our "Nanny" for the summer! Olivia and Kyle really like to call and talk to him now. It'll be fun to see him again in a few months.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I had to laugh at the thought of you holding Kyle up to a normal basketball hoop! Hooray for uncles and grandparents!

Kimi Remington said...

Kirsten,

I just took a few minutes to catch up on you guys-- what a fun little family you are. I had some flashbacks seeing pictures of your parent's house. :) Looks like you're all doing well- I'm so glad!Hopefully, we'll get to catch up in person one of these times in Seattle.

Kimi