-------------------------------------
Today during Sacrament meeting we decided that the kids were not healthy enough to attend nursery so I found a substitute for my nursery class and we left. (Our ward has 3 nursery classes--Kyle is in the youngest class, Olivia is in the middle class, and I am the leader of the oldest class. Our family is an important part of our ward's nursery and I'm sure they missed us.)Monday, March 29, 2010
Skipping Church
(Note: On 3/14 this was all ready to post when Brad saw it and said "Kirsten, you can't call it that!" I've let it sit here for the past 2 weeks and haven't come up with a better title so here it goes. Regardless of what the title suggests, we did not skip church just for the sake of skipping church.)
We decided rather than going home and having to try to keep the fussy kids happy until it was time for naps we would drive to the Seattle Temple.
It was a nice drive and, for the most part, the kids seemed to enjoy it. We sang primary songs while we drove. "I Love to See the Temple" is Kyle's favorite song and Olivia's favorite song is "I am a Child of God".
I was the temple game winner--I saw the temple first so I got a kiss (good thing my parents taught me to play this game)! When we got there we walked around for a few minutes, enjoyed the beautiful daffodils, took a few pictures, and then we went home. We got home in time to feed the kids and let them take a very long Sunday nap.
We love that we can easily drive to see the temple and we love that our kids kids love going to the temple!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How fun. The Seattle Temple is beautiful! I would love to go again someday.
I think it's a perfect title and a great way to spend a Sunday
what a fun game!!
I think it's funny that Brad protested against your post title :o) And I got the comment you left me and YES PLEASE! I would love to meet up at a park and catch-up. I'll call you soon.
... I meant to also call you "Sinners" for ditching... lol
Post a Comment